This Privacy Statement explains how Petbey Limited (collectively, “Petbey,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collect, use, share and process your information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Depending on the products and services you use, we collect different kinds of personal data from or about you.
- Data you provide: We collect the personal data you provide when you use our products and services or otherwise interact with us, such as when you contatc us, create an account, participate in an online survey, use our online help or online chat tool.
- Data about use of our services and products: When you visit our websites, we may collect data about the type of device you use, your device's unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device's approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services.
- Data about payments: If you make a purchase, we collect personal data in connection with the purchase. This data includes your payment data, such as your debit or credit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as shipping, billing, and contact details.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Petbey offerings to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about products, orders, and services, and promotional offers.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend products, features, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Petbey.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Petbey products and services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, and Petbey, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our products and services.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
EMAIL ADDRESS: When you give us your email address, or send us email correspondence, we retain your email address. We do not share our email lists with third parties for marketing purposes. We use email addresses to communicate with you regarding your orders and other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us. We retain information provided by all of our customers, such as registration information, transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) and contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number).
COOKIES POLICY: Petbey places small packets of data, known as cookies, onto customers’ mobile and computers devices.This is a standard practice all online businesses adhere to. Cookies are an integral part of assisting Petbey in providing a high quality online shopping experience to all customers.With cookies enabled, Petbey can determine the buying and browsing behavior of all customers. By browsing Pettsy, customers consent to the placement of cookies on their computer. Customers are able to disable cokies if they want personally from their browser.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA: We make certain personal data available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal data will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
SERVICE PROVIDERS: We share personal data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, sponsoring of sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, auditing, fulfilling customer orders, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your data and may be located wherever we operate.
CORPORATE AFFILIATES AND CORPORATE BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
We may share personal data with all Petbey Limited-affiliated companies. In the event of a reorganization, merger, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal data to the relevant third party.
LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND SECURITY: It may be necessary—by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence—for us to disclose personal data. We may also disclose personal data if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose personal data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FROM EEA RESIDENTS: It may be necessary—by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence—for us to disclose personal data. We may also disclose personal data if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
If you reside within the European Economic Area (EEA), our processing of your personal data will be legitimized as follows: Whenever we require your consent for the processing of your personal data such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"). If the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or for taking any pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b). Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your data on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f).
YOUR RIGHTS: We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal data that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal data. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal data.To protect the privacy and the security of your personal data, we may request data from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such data, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal data we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal data that we maintain.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION: We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your data, and to correctly use the data we collect. For example, access to your personal data is restricted to our employees, contractors, and agents who need access to such data to perform their assigned job duties.It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your Petbey products, account credentials, and computer or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or personal data has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES: Our websites, products, and services may contain links to or the ability for you to access third-party websites, products, and services.We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. This Privacy Statement applies solely to data collected by us through our products and services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third party before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.
Our products and services are intended for adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose data from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under 16, or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the data as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data.
DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
When we share your personal data with our partners, Petbey-affiliated companies, and service providers, your personal data may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
CONTACTS,NOTICES & REVISIONS
If you have any concern about privacy at Petbey or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.